Decentralized Waste Management
Our unique waste-to-energy systems range from 200KW to 30MW in size and can address the waste disposal needs of both small and large communities. Our Gasification technology’s main aim is to ensure safe and environment-friendly waste disposal and its secondary aim is to harness and distribute the energy generated in the disposal process back to the communities.
By designing renewable energy strategies for local waste generators or collection locations, we provide a simple and clean path to creating energy.
• Practical: A small-size turnkey package is simple to install and can be customized for integration into existing infrastructure
• Reliable: The plant has 99.9% uptime in typical use.
• Efficient: Processes most types of waste materials, eliminating extra processing steps.
• Safe: The system runs at ambient pressure and produces CO2, Water Vapor, Ash and Metals for recovery and reuse.
• Environmentally friendly: Produces minimal to no contaminants of concern. It replaces old systems that produce carcinogens, contaminate water systems and
release greenhouse gases.
• Flexible: Can process varied waste streams in combination without system modification. Gasification systems are able to process materials of varying sizes and
combinations. General sizing to < 6” is appropriate and allows for even process flow through the materials handling system and into the core processing unit.
This flexibility allows for Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) applications to work quickly and efficiently.
How it works:
A mixture of materials enter the vessel through a feed system. The stream is reacted, using oxygen or air, and heat. The conversion process produces ash, which is removed to a hopper for recycling, and syngas, which is a gas comprising CO and H2, which is then cleaned through a gas clean up process, which yields a syngas that is cleaner burning than natural gas.
The Advantages of Gasification
• Small footprint, plant size of less than an acre
• Fast plant set up – orders can be delivered within 6 months of land acquisition
• Variations are minimized by using standardized core systems, simplifying maintenance
• System operations are straightforward – operator training requirement is basic
• Typical returns on investment of 2 to 5 years, sooner than any other waste to energy technology. Increases the profitability of transfer facilities immediately.
• Waste transportation costs eliminated or vastly reduced by distributed locations of small-footprint plants
• Energy security for community or facility by generating energy close to end-user
• Harmful emissions are controlled
• No DIOXINS/FURANS
• All chlorine in waste reducted to HCl
• No free Cl2 formation permitted, (free Cl2 in precursor for dioxins/furans)
• HCl easily scrubbed by water prior to combustion of syngas in boiler
• Reduced CO2
• All fuel bound Nitrogen is reduced to elemental N2 or NJ3 or HCN
• NH3 and HCN are scrubbed
• Literally zero contribution of fuel bound N2 for NOx
• Low/medium BTU produces lower thermal NOx than Natural Gas due to lower flame temp.
• Expected NOx < 25 ppm
• SOx ELIMINATED
• Sulfur in waste converted to H2S
• H2S removed as CaS/CaSO4
• Traces removed with sponge Iron
• Almost zero Sox emission